Things to consider for concealed pistol:
1. What caliber can you handle shooting? For women: .380, 9mm .38, 357 or .40 cal. Men can add the .45 to their list. These are the common calibers.
2. Most compacts are 6 + 1 for mag capacity for semi-auto’s.
3. I do not ever tell someone what gun to buy. Choose a couple guns and see what fits your hands and feels good. You will know, try them. We are all different, that is why there are so many shoe styles.
4. Revolvers are great for women because most slides are too hard to pull back. So I will show them the pros and cons. Revolvers have very little that can go wrong compared to semi-auto, that is a plus. Semi-auto has more moving parts, something to consider.
5. Cost of a hand gun – the more the better. I was never really able to ever put a price on my life. But just remember, when you pull that gun to save your life, most times you only have one shot. You don’t want to take a chance. Quality is not cheap, but it will also not break the bank on most carry guns. There are a lot of good guns for carry in the $350 to $500 range. Low end, $250 to $350.
For home protection, Shotgun is the best or the Taurus Judge or Smith & Wesson Governor. These are revolvers that shoot .410 or .45 long colt great bed side guns.